Currently known bugs/limitations:
- Some browser compatibility issues - see below.
- Drag calculations use a constant drag-coefficient though it really changes a bit with speed.
- We do not currently do drag for tethers.
- Simulations have not been validated against real data or other simulations.
Some sanity checks have been done. For example, circular orbits do go in circles.
Any help in this area greatly appreciated. Since this is a hobby, and only
started in December of 2002, it is not "mature code" like some Fortran code that has been
around for 30 years and had many people paid to work on and test it. :-)
- Many features that could be added ...
The Java applets are not totally portable.
If you install a new Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator it should work.
You could also just install the newest versions of
the Java JRE.
Tested and working browsers
- Netscape 7.01 on Windows NT
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- Internet Explorer 5.5 with new JRE (Java-2)
- Netscape 6.2.1 / Mozilla 5 on Windows NT
- Netscape 7.0 on Linux
- Konqueror on Red Hat Linux 8.0
- Opera 7 - M2
- Epiphany 1.0.4 on Linux with Java JDK 1.4
- IE with Windows XP, service pack 1, using MS Java VM
Tested and failed browsers
- IE that came on Windows95.
- WebTV does not support Java
If you know of any other bugs or compatibility problems please let me know at
Click for SpaceTethers.com
Copyright (c) 2002, 2003 by Vincent Cate. All rights reserved.